While in Paris the Fashion Week Men between smart suits and casual streetwear is trying to explore new fashion possibilities, Berlin is preparing for its own Fashion Week, which starts next Tuesday. We have the most important trends, news and, events for you in a nutshell – and of course with a focus on everything that is green!
1. With the trends for the coming year, less is more!
The colors become very natural, the cuts comfortable and timeless. In short, it’s about calm and deceleration, a new closeness to nature and materials and designs that are durable and beautiful. Right at the top are beige, green and blue tones, which are often combined with prints and contrasting colors.
2. The program of the Ethical Fashion Show starts this year, strictly speaking, even before the official start.
For example, you can visit the Radialsystem on Holzmarkstrasse on the 2nd of July at the FashionSustain Thinkathon or go to the Get Together with Food & Drinks – but only by invitation. The Thinkathon will be about discussing specific issues in interdisciplinary teams of experts and thought leaders. We are curious!
3. With the prePEEK there is another event where bloggers get their money’s worth.
On July 4th, from 10am to 6pm, you will be able to be part the event during which influencers, bloggers and journalists meet for a lively exchange – at Kraftwerk Berlin.
4. A must-see is the fashion-art cooperation of the German fashion label Luxaa.
From 3 to 5 July, Luxaa will present a new capsule collection at Greenshowroom, which will be all about Tyvek. Tyvek is a nonwoven fabric that is particularly exciting because it is highly malleable and incredibly durable. The company shares the love of experimenting with Leipzig-based artist Michael Holzwarth – and has developed a collection that is innovative, functional and timeless – and also dares to do something artistically: “[In the cyanography process], the Luxaa models are treated with a photochemical emulsion and then exposed to pure sunlight directly on the beach, using the fashion as a base to create vivid stencils Deep cyan-blue in varying structures and intensities visible. ”
How that looks in nature, you can explore next week.
5. As “Greenshowroom Selected”, the fashion show will present the most noteworthy designs of all exhibitors at the Greenshowroom and the Ethical Fashion Show on Tuesday, July 3, starting at 7 pm. For the first time, the fashion show takes place in the format of the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week at E-Werk Berlin! Almost at the same time, the Kraftwerk itself hosts both “Nightshift” and “Ginger Party”, where you can relax and socialize while enjoying delicious drinks.
6. Greenshowroom and Ethical Fashion Show merge into Neonyt as of the Winter issue of Fashion Week.
It will become an international hub for fashion, sustainability, and innovation – for it is obvious that sustainable topics and technological progress are closely linked. With an even stronger focus on the fashion focus of the show on the one hand and conferences on sustainable materials, innovations and processes curated by FashionSustain on the other, Neonyt wants to become the global hub of sustainable fashion production and presentation – and thus not just a trade fair, but an innovator in the best sense.